1. The battery should be firmly secured on the plate. Please ensure that the cable clamps fit tightly and properly on the terminals. A loosely held battery vibrates and bounces, causing damage to the container and the plates.
2. The top of the battery must be kept clean and dry. Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) can be applied to cable clamps & terminals. Terminal corrosion, dirt and moisture cause loss of power and make the battery weak.
3. Get fan belt, alternator and battery voltage checked regularly. A faulty electrical system will damage the battery.
4. Check tyre pressure on a regular basis and make sure they are inflated to the recommended pressure
5. Also check for wheel alignment to avoid uneven tread wear
Lead is Dangerous
Car batteries contain lead. Avoid direct contact with batteries and wash your hands with soap and